BREAKING: Richard Madeley has returned to Good Morning Britain after a two-day absence due to COVID-19. The popular presenter, who was replaced by Paul Brand during his illness, shared an update on his health, admitting he still feels “washed out.”
In a live segment on October 20, 2023, Madeley expressed relief as he confirmed he is now free from the virus, stating, “The active stage has gone now and I’m okay again but it does leave you washed out.” He appeared alongside colleague Suzanna Reid, who welcomed him back on air, asking about his recovery.
Earlier this week, Madeley had to withdraw from the show at the last minute on October 18, prompting Reid to announce his absence to viewers. She said, “Welcome to the programme, Richard Madeley, due to be on air this morning, a little bit poorly.” In his absence, Paul Brand took over hosting duties, which viewers praised on social media.
Upon returning, Madeley acknowledged he felt he was operating at “80%,” emphasizing the lingering effects of COVID-19. “I hope it doesn’t show,” he added, highlighting the challenges many face during recovery.
Paul Brand, who stepped in for Madeley, took to Instagram to reflect on the experience, sharing, “Good morning! @susannareid100 allowed me back. Plenty to discuss as PM says he’ll lead Labour into the next election.” His presence was met with positive feedback from viewers, with many calling for him to be a permanent presenter.
“Paul Brand should be a permanent presenter, a joy to watch,” commented one fan on social media, while another added, “@PaulBrandITV so refreshing to see you on @GMB today.”
As Richard Madeley resumes his role, viewers are eager to see how the dynamic unfolds on Good Morning Britain. The show’s ratings and audience engagement may see a shift as fans respond to both his and Brand’s presentations.
Stay tuned for further updates as Madeley continues to navigate his return to daytime television. This story is developing, with more changes anticipated in the coming days.
